Before we get down to business, let’s look at a photo and relax our mind. Discuss this photo and what it makes you feel.
Now let’s cut to the chase!
Pick the right word to fill in the gap:
1. We __________________________ up with a new marketing approach. = We developed/created a new structure.
2. We have to __________________________ out ( = develop) more productive meetings.
3. They cut __________________________ ( = eliminated) the middleman and started providing this service themselves.
4. Tom found a way to __________________________ ( = bypass/eliminate) this problem.
5. Please __________________________ on. = Please continue.
Time for a small coffee break and a quick breather. Look at the photo, enjoy the scenery and describe what you see. What does it evoke?
OK, let’s get on with the job! Back to filling in the gaps.
6. We need to __________________________ ( = examine/review) these reports before 3:00 PM.
7. We need to _________________ ( = schedule/arrange) an interview for Friday.
8. The meeting has been __________________________ off ( = cancelled).
9. The president has called __________________________ ( = requested) sweeping changes in the way we
10. I knew they’d __________________________ to our way of thinking. = I knew that they would eventually accept our way of thinking.
Congratulations, you’re starting to sound like if you were part of the brass and one of the big guys!
© All photos by edudelcorral